ShowMax passes 10 Million views milestone
Story from: YoMzansi – YMZ
Launched in August 2015, the internet TV service ShowMax has the largest subscription video catalogue in Africa. Earlier this month, the cumulative number of TV shows and movies watched by ShowMax customers exceeded 10 million. In total, more than five million hours of content have been viewed, the equivalent of more than 500 years if played back-to-back.
ShowMax has been specifically designed to cater to local needs. Some of the key features contributing to the popularity of ShowMax include:
– The ability to download content to Android and Apple smartphones and tablets for viewing offline, addressing the challenge that internet connectivity isn’t yet ubiquitous in Africa
– User-selectable bandwidth capping function that allow users to reduce data consumption by selecting a lower streaming video quality level
– Partnerships with local connectivity providers to make it easier to access ShowMax and further reduce the cost of data
– Prepaid vouchers, giving access to customers who don’t have a credit card
– A large selection of local content on top of some of the most popular shows from Hollywood and the UK
ShowMax is available in 37 countries in Africa, and supplies services to another 28 countries outside the continent.
For customers on the move, ShowMax has apps for Android and Apple smartphones and tablets. For home viewing, ShowMax has apps for Samsung and LG smart TVs, Apple TV (4th generation) and most web browsers. ShowMax is also available via the DStv Explora.
Owners of non-smart TVs can view ShowMax by either using a DStv Explora, connecting a computer direct to their TV, or by broadcasting from smartphones and tablets using either Chromecast or Apple TV.
The post ShowMax passes 10 Million views milestone appeared first on YoMzansi - YMZ.
This post is from YoMzansi – YMZ. Click here to read the full text Do you something awesome to share with the world? Click here to share
Follow us on twitter @SANewsTodayNow
Also, Like us on facebook