Recipe: Strawberry Chia Brunch Bowl
Story from: SA Décor & Design BlogSA Décor & Design Blog
Looking for a delicious brunch idea that is not only pretty to be behold, but also nutritious and a delight to eat? Try this beautifully layered Strawberry Chia Brunch Bowl from creative lifestyle blogger, Lisa Tilse, and be sure to impress your guests. Packed with antioxidants, this is the ideal pick-me-up meal to get you going!
What you will need:
For the strawberry chia layer:
– 1/3 cup chia seeds
– 7 large strawberries
– 50ml of coconut milk
– 50ml of water
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1 tablespoon rice malt syrup (optional – or honey)
For other layers:
– Packet of granola (choose your favourite or make your own)
– 1 tub of full-fat vanilla yoghurt
– Fresh pomegranate seeds and your favourite berries to top (I used blueberries, chopped strawberries, raspberries)
– Fresh mint
– Coconut chips
What you need to d0:
- Prepare your strawberry chia layer the night before. Pop the strawberries, coconut milk, water, vanilla extract and rice malt syrup (or honey) in a blender, and mix until smooth.
- Pour the blended mixture on top of the chia seeds in a bowl and whisk well to combine.
- Allow to stand for 10 minutes, then pop it in the fridge to firm overnight.
- In the morning, get it out of the fridge and whisk again. Add a little extra water if necessary.
- Spoon your strawberry chia layer into the bottom quarter of each serving glass. Be careful to keep the sides of the glass clean and wipe down any drips with a paper towel.
- Now add the granola layer until it reaches halfway up each serving glass.
- Next, add the yoghurt layer until it reaches three-quarters of the way of each serving glass.
- Finally, add your pomegranate and berry layer, and garnish with fresh sprigs of mint and coconut chips.
Now serve up and enjoy! This recipe serves 4 to 6.
For this and other great recipe ideas, check out: We are Scout
The post Recipe: Strawberry Chia Brunch Bowl appeared first on SA Décor & Design Blog.
This post is from SA Décor & Design BlogSA Décor & Design Blog. Click here to read the full text Do you something awesome to share with the world? Click here to share
Follow us on twitter @SANewsTodayNow
Also, Like us on facebook